Saturday 8 January 2011

Cave Of Clear Light: The Pye And Dawn Records Underground Trip 1967-1975


Compilations continued

I suppose over the last 10-15 years more and more record labels have been releasing these compilations of their artists and for this critical period in music, certainly a time when I was most influenced by what I was listening to. I'm now in that age/social bracket where nostalgia is overwhelming and I want to hear these and that's a selling focus for these labels. I've got hundreds and hundreds of such tracks yet to listen to, from truly esoteric bands/songs to Scandinavian selections to more familiar collections like those from Verve and Island, though I know those from the latter two pretty thoroughly.

This is recent. I am currently listening to cd 3 of 3 and these are the artists:

  1. Paul Brett Sage
  2. The Trio
  3. Status Quo
  4. Noir
  5. Heron
  6. Atomic Roster
  7. Icarus
  8. Writing on the Wall
  9. Gravy Train
  10. Jonesy
  11. Vincent Crane & Chris Farlowe
  12. Fruup
  13. David McWilliams
  14. Quicksand
  15. Stray
1,2,7,8 and 14 are new to me - though I may have heard before and it just hasn't registered.

No comments:

Post a Comment