Wednesday 2 February 2011

Photo poser


What do these three albums have in common?

Nothing, to anyone else.

For me, they recall my incipient album buying days and the naive antagonism generated. As I've stated elsewhere, Hendrix's 'Are You Experienced' was the first album I purchased having up to that point only bought singles. Some time after the Hendrix, I got the 'Four Tops Greatest Hits' and 'This Is Soul ' albums having loved this music when growing up to love music.

Then it happened.

Deciding that I was only into 'underground' music I got rid of my 'mainstream' soul. Can't remember how I got rid of them, but I did. These and perhaps others - certainly a Wilson Pickett where I recall he is on the cover wearing a pink suit.

It has taken me nearly 40 years to replace these vinyl albums with the two in the picture next to the framed [there's still a hierarchy...] Hendrix. As well as growing up to love music I did eventually just grow up.

One day I'll find the Wilson Pickett [which is 'The Exciting Wilson Pickett' - thanks internet].

No comments:

Post a Comment