Wednesday 12 December 2012

Pissing



Tonight you pissed in the carpark before driving home;
I made it until getting back to pee in my garden - these
old-guy bladders separated by a few years, and I have those
on my side, not that this is the obvious contest. We also
forgot things in talking, though you would help me out and
I was able to recall the odd touchstone before it could fall
like an apocalypse into your own head. So there we were
and are at this moment of release and clarity, both
fighting for supremacy in a battle already snuck up on us,
and at the end of our drink together we both had roads
to travel and miles to share the same or thereabout.
The frost was a crust by the time we got to our cars
to leave, and in a December sky the moon and stars were
there as always, twinkling, or their lights piddling out.

1 comment: