Tuesday 5 February 2013

Reg Presley [The Troggs] - 12 June, 1941 - 4th February, 2013

Seminal Songs

It would be easy to over-think this, so I won't, but there are songs you remember from your youth that made their extra impact at the time of hearing. For me there's Roy Orbison's Oh, Pretty Woman, The Kinks' You Really Got Me and All Day And All Of The Night, and The Troggs' Wild Thing.

I know that's quite a conventional quartet, but they did spring immediately to mind, and guitar riffs seems to connect them, as well as melody and the other mysteries of time and place.

And over-thinking interrupted before I could stifle, so Elvis Presley's Return To Sender entered my head and pattern, breaking it from the guitar point of view, but I guess melody and surname will have to do as a link in also thinking of Reg.

No comments:

Post a Comment