Sunday 10 August 2014

John Peel's Top Gear, 27.12.1969

Juicy John Peel

Listening to a recording this morning, I have enjoyed in particular 'session' performances by Colosseum Los Angeles and Family Cat and the Rat, amongst other live acts and lps played, but my absolute favourite so far is a dynamic performance by Juicy Lucy of She's Mine/She's Yours.

Looking forward to further sessions from The Soft Machine, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Joe Cocker and the Grease Band, Led Zeppelin, Bloodwyn Pig and The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band. Far Out.

Got me to reminiscing about when I would occasionally listen to Peel on my portable Bang and Olufsen radio that I bought on hire purchase from an electrical goods store in Ipswich, my first such purchase having started full employment on the farm. Weekly payments I seem to recall, and never missed one. Mounted the radio on two metal L-shaped brackets in my cottage and I thought I was making moves upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment